Hunger is not a one-day a year issue for people using food banks. It is an ongoing struggle to choose to pay for housing or food.
Over 13,000 people use a food bank every month in Hamilton. You can choose to help feed people every month.
Join the hundreds of people who belong to our monthly giving program – many people cannot afford to give the amount they would like in one donation.
There are many benefits for you when you give monthly:
- It is Simple and Convenient – Just tell us what you want to give. Your donations are automatically withdrawn from your bank account or processed on your credit card every month.
- It is Easy to Budget – Contributing monthly is easier because you make donations in small, easy to manage amounts.
- It is Fast – No ongoing paper work, cheques to write and envelopes to mail. Only one authorization form and a voided cheque are needed. Total contributions throughout the year are issued a charitable tax receipt in January.
There are also benefits for Hamilton Food Share, our community and the people we serve:
- It is Predictable – We can plan food procurement activities when we have a known income source.
- Cost effective and cuts our administrative costs – We spend less on administration, paper and postage and have more dollars to allocate towards our mission of diminishing hunger.
Join today! Spread your generosity over the entire year.
You have the choice of 3 ways to give monthly:
- Donate online
- Donate via your credit card. Download the form for monthly credit card donations
- Donate via your chequing account. Download the form for monthly bank donations.