Volunteering with Hamilton Food Share
Volunteering is not only a great help to us, it’s also incredibly rewarding for those who give their time. The kind-hearted people who volunteer with Hamilton Food Share help us, in the most hands-on way possible, get our neighbours beyond hunger.
Title: Summer Internship
Term: June 29 – September 3, 2018 (part-time)
Hours: 160 hours total generally between the hours of 9:00 – 4:00 pm, Mon – Friday with occasional weekends. Schedule will be mutually determined with manager.
Compensation: Unpaid. Bus tickets provided. Reference and/or high school volunteer hours possible.
Reports to: Resource Development Manager or designate.
- Answering the phone and directing calls
- Greeting walk-in visitors
- Interacting with the public at special events & food drives (such as the Ti-Cats Labour Day game)
- Assisting with social media posts & photos
- Typing in MS Word or Excel
- Taking inventory
- Data entry
- Organizing storage areas
- Assisting with indoor/outdoor clean up and maintenance projects
- High school diploma or equivalent OR grade 11 completion with excellent marks
- Experienced in dealing with the public
- Demonstrated reliability and trustworthiness
- Good written and verbal English
- Attention to detail and an ability to sort, organize, and label
- Good computer skills and experience with social media
- Ability to lift & move 25 pounds
References and/or a completed criminal record check must be provided upon request.
Please send an email with your resume and a cover letter to: Hamilton Food Share at email@example.com or drop off at 339 Barton Street in Stoney Creek
Deadline: Monday, May 14, 2018 @ 9:00 a.m.